Gossip Girl Novels
  • I might be in the minority, but I wish these books would be moved to the adult section of the bookstores and libraries, not kept in the young adult section
  • Parents, I would suggest Judy Bloom for a kid as young as 9 or 10

• by Lynn

I have read several of these novels, and while they are appropriate for college kids and adults, they are NOT appropriate for young kids. I was in a bookstore over the weekend and I overheard what looked like a 9 or 10 year old talking about how she had read almost all of the

‘It’ girl novels and how she had read all of the Gossip Girl novels.

Parents, do you realize that these novels talk about sex and drugs and drinking? They are fantastic novels and well worth the read, but do you want your young kid who is only 9 or 10 reading about sex and drinking at such an early age? Sure, a lot of the stuff will probably go over their heads, but please.

Keep them as young and innocent as long as you can; 16 will hit soon enough.

They might think it’s ok to have sex and worry about taking pregnancy tests by the time they’re ...

• Gossip Girl Novels
      13.

I might be in the minority, but I wish these books would be moved to the adult section of the bookstores and libraries, not kept in the young adult section.

Now people, if you are close to my age, almost 30, these books are the kind you keep under your bed because you

don’t want anyone to see how addictive they are.

Because you will find yourself running out to buy the next one in the series, lol.

Parents, I would suggest Judy Bloom for a kid as young as 9 or 10.

These books still discusses some ‘young adult’ stuff but they are nothing like Gossip Girl.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172812552681031/k2311a1228/12.28.08