Created to be his Helpmeet by Debi Pearl  » Books  »
  • So while I do not 100% agree with everything written in the book, there was enough to glean from there to make up a good plan on how to live as a Godly Christian wife for my husband
  • I recommend this book to any Christian woman who is married or looking to get married

• by Jessicap

This is a book that I recently picked up at someone’s suggestion. I have been feeling like I should become a better wife to my husband and am finally becoming familiar with the term Helpmeet. I wanted to learn how to become a better complement and helper to my husband and family and was clueless on how to do so.

I come from a background of abuse and my mother brought us out of that into the feminist movement and my views on being a wife and a woman and mother were severely distorted. It has made my serving God and my husband a very difficult journey. I am blessed to have a very patient husband to have traveled the last 8

years with me being in the state of mind I have been, but now is the time for me to grow. So I picked up this book by Debi Pearl and I will say that it is a radical book that is completely backed up by Scriptures. I loved how finally someone could tell me how to do this since I have never had any other teaching on it. It is something that does not get preached in the church, nor is it something that you would hear in women’s bible studies very often. She teaches in a real way how God created men and women to work in their marriage relationship, what roles each should play, and we as women should ...

• manage our role. She pointed out in Scripture that God wants us to serve Him by being a Helpmeet toour husbands. When it was worded as our ministry, and the Scriptures were so plain and clear.

She is very blunt and clear about her meanings. I did have a hard time with some of what was written. I have a hard time being the person who is supposed to always having to submit, but when I read God’s Word I realize that is my role as a woman to my husband. I liked that she addressed that does not mean that we as women are inferior to men, but that our roles are essential for our men to be the men that God

designed them to be. I also liked that she pointed out in Scripture that we are not subject to the authority of any other man other than our husbands and that God sees us as a special creation.

So while I do not 100% agree with everything written in the book, there was enough to glean from there to make up a good plan on how to live as a Godly Christian wife for my husband. She helped remind me that my ministry is first at home.

I recommend this book to any Christian woman who is married or looking to get married. Or every a mother who wants to teach her daughter what it means to be a submissive wife in the Godly sense.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172812551811231/k2311a1228/12.28.08