Swatch Climbery Flowers Watch
2.5
  • Last year I found myself in desperate need of a watch because I landed a job that I had to be very time concious and trying to figure out the time by the position of the sun just wasn't cutting it
  • Swatch had been off of my radar for awhile - I thought they had went the way of Hypercolor shirts - so I was surprised when I opened the box and found a very beautiful Swatch watch
  • Besides the scratches, my other issue with the watch is that it keeps losing time
  • After a few months of owning it, I noticed it was always 5 minutes behind

• by holli

When the first wave of Swatch mania hit in the 80’s I was a little kid, but that still didn’t stop me from begging my parents for a brightly colored plastic banded Swatch. And my parents didn’t disappoint-by the time the craze had died down, I had 3 Swatches and a huge wall Swatch clock.

After I lost my Swatches or they stopped working, I didn’t bother to purchase another one. To me, watches were too constricting, they reeked of schedules and time micromanagement and me being the free spirit I am, didn’t want to feel constrained by time.

had to be very time concious and trying to figure out the time by the position of the sun just wasn’t cutting it.

I checked out a number of brands of watches, but none grabbed me enough that I felt compelled to spend $100+ on them. The power of choice was taken from me when for my birthday, my boyfriend presented me with an oblong Swatch box.

Swatch had been off of my radar for awhile - I thought they had went the way of Hypercolor shirts - so I was surprised when I opened the box and found a very beautiful Swatch watch.

Climbery Flowers is a silver-toned watch (maybe stainless steel?) with a vine of flowers ...

• engraved on each side of the band. The face is very thin, silver, and has a flower embossed on it.

I fell in love with the watch and immediately began wearing it. Within 2 weeks of every day wear, the clasp of the watch and surrounding areas were really worn and scratched. A couple months later, the face of the watch had scratches on it too and looked really worn, like the way the old ipod screens looked after a year or too of use.

The scratching was the result of normal wear and surprised me because I work in an office, so it’s not like I am putting a lot of stress on the watch. The

wear and scratches on the watch distort the flower engravings, so they dont look like flowers.

Besides the scratches, my other issue with the watch is that it keeps losing time. After a few months of owning it, I noticed it was always 5 minutes behind. When I would change it to the right time, it would be ok for a week or 2, then get slow again. Now, after almost a year of ownership, it is running 8 minutes behind.

The watch is beautiful and I have received many compliments on it, but I need a watch that tells time not a decorative bracelet, which is what the watch basically is because of its time keeping issues.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 642612551161231/k2311a1226/12.26.08