Swiffer Wetjet All-In-One Power Mop  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • When I first saw the Swiffer Wetjet commercial I was impressed and wanting it
  • Recently though I thought I'd have better results and bought a Bee mop again
  • The Swiffer does dry quickly, that's not a problem but I have a 1 1/2 year old that slips and slides on the kitchen floor

• by kokanee24girl

When I first saw the Swiffer Wetjet commercial I was impressed and wanting it. The convenience, it’s fast, easy, and cleans the floor as good as any mop if not better. For me, I am not a person that wants to take alot of time cleaning anything so the faster the better. At the same time, I want quality in my house cleaning.

I have purchased the Swiffer Wetjet a few years ago and it gets the job done. I have to say that at first it was a great convenience to alternates like the mop and bucket for being time consuming. Recently though I thought I’d have better results and bought a Bee mop again.

The reason behind this purchase was the Swiffer I find makes your floors kind of sticky right after wards and VERY slippery after it dries. The Swiffer

does dry quickly, that’s not a problem but I have a 1 1/2 year old that slips and slides on the kitchen floor. (not what a mother wants)

It doesn’t even clean it all that well. I mean, I have used the Swiffer Wetjet and the floor still looks dirty so I get on my hands and knees with a scrubber and TA-DA! NOW the floor is clean.

It can be good for the “oh no! I have guests coming over in half an hour and I still have to tidy up the whole house” but, to really scrub the floor clean Swiffer doesn’t cut it. You have to use alot of force if there is a sticky mess, which is not how the Swiffer is advertised.

On the box of disposable cloths it says:

1. “see a visible clean” –not in my experience,

• like I said above I’ve had to re-do the floors after wards.

2. “smell the fresh clean scent” –true, I like the orange scent when I’m cleaning, it just smells…clean! But you have a choice with the cleaning solution you use to what scent you want. (two or three choices)

3. “feel virtually residue-free floors” –totally not true at all. The floors are sticky, I either have to put on some shoes, change my socks, or wash my feet after washing the floors.

4. “reveal the natural shine” –yes, there is a shine…doesn’t mean it’s clean!

5. “absorb and throw the tough dirt away” –it cleans a juice spill well (it’s liquid) but not crayon or shoe scruff marks, anything you have to scrub.

6. “tough spot scrubbing strip removes even greasy dirt and dried on gunk” –no and no! I mean, at first maybe it worked well,

but where do you get replacement scrubbing strips? I have yet to find some.

7. “swivel head easily cleans hard-to-reach areas” –I don’t know about this. I have tried to get into corners and even the edges around the perimeter of the floor, and it seems just to push the dirt into these areas.

I also have pets, a dog and cat. I do vacuum first before using the Swiffer but it’s kind of inevitable having “some” pet hair on the floor. Swiffer just pushes the hair around and around, it doesn’t really stick to the Swiffer cloth.

And now that I think about it…is disposable cloths really good for the environment? Or just adding more garbage? But the alternatives are Bee mops or a cheaper version of the Swiffer which all have disposable something you have to change every so often. So I’m torn.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532512551010931/k2311a1225/12.25.08