DirecTV
  • The only issue I have reception-wise, is that whenever there is inclimate weather, my signal is lost
  • When I called and ordered the service, I found out later that there was a special going on where I could've had three free months of Starz
  • The next day I noticed HBO was still working

• by thislimehasnojuice

I have been with DirecTV since April 2007. The only reason I am with them is because I also have Qwest, and you can bundle the service and save money. Plus, I wanted the channel variety that you get with satellite versus cable. The only issue I have reception-wise, is that whenever there is inclimate weather, my signal is lost. That’s to be expected with pretty much any satellite so it’s not their fault.

I did subscribe to HBO

for a period of time last year. When I called and ordered the service, I found out later that there was a special going on where I could’ve had three free months of Starz. No one told me about that, and when I called in a few days later they told me it was too late. A few months later we decided to unsubscribe from HBO. I called DirecTV and asked them to remove it. They said okay and ...

• gave me their schpiel, then we hung up. The next day I noticed HBO was still working. I tried calling them back but was on hold at least thirty minutes. Every couple of days I tried calling them and held so long I just forgot about it for awhile. A month later, I called them during daytime hours and finally go through. I argued with the girl on the other end about crediting my account because I requested the
        channels be removed over a month ago. I was persistent and she finally agreed to give me a $5 per month credit for a few months. They said they couldn’t remove HBO when I asked and they supposedly tried to call me back and couldn’t get through. That was a blatant lie.

Other than that, I really enjoy all the channel selections. Though if you want channels like E and Style Network, you have to upgrade to the more expensive package.

DirecTV

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 232512550930931/k2311a1225/12.25.08