Lasko Ceramic Air Heater  » Housewares  »
  • I have never liked portable heaters because I always thought they were a fire hazard, but the cold was so pervasive that I decided to purchase one

• by holli

My apartment is freezing. Numerous complaints to the landlord have gone unanswered and despite piling on multiple blankets at night, I still wake up cold. I have never liked portable heaters because I always thought they were a fire hazard, but the cold was so pervasive that I decided to purchase one.

I picked the Lasko heater because it was ceramic and there was no exposed hot spots that could cause a fire if a piece of paper or fabric landed upon it. Another reason

why I chose it is because it was a bit cheaper then the other heaters and I liked the small size.

The heater has hi, lo, and fan options as well as an intensity setting. If the heater is set to lo with an intensity setting under 5, the heater will cycle on and off on it’s own.

In my living room, which is about 14ft x 21ft with an open doorway, I didn’t feel much difference in the overall room warth. Although, if I put ...

• the heater on the coffee or end tables and had it facing towards me, I could feel the blast of hot air from about 4 feet away.

In my bedroom - which is smaller then my living room and has a door that can be closed - I could feel the difference. After about 3 hours of running the heater, the room was so hot that I kicked off my blankets. Even if I leave the door open, the room still gets really warm.

The noise level

of the heater depends on where it is placed. On hi or low, it makes the same sound at the same volume. When the heater is on rotate, it is a bit louder, and could be bothersome to light sleepers. Sometimes there is a grinding sound when it is rotating.

Design-wise, the heater is ok. It’s not ugly and it’s not highly designed. It looks like what it is.

I like this little heater quite a bit. Another plus is that it hasn’t jacked my electricity bill up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532512550790831/k2311a1225/12.25.08