The Bridge to Terabithia  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I have to say I was not very impressed with the film
  • In the movie when Leslie dies because the rope which the two kids used to get to their tree house breaks I did think that was sad, but I was disappointed in the movie

• by LP Jardine

I watched the movie “The Bridge to Terabethia” with my family this afternoon. I have to say I was not very impressed with the film.

The girl Leslie, played by AnnaSophia Robb and Jesse create a magical world to escape from bullies. There was not much fantasy in this movie it was

more they were using their imaginations. Jesse was looked down upon because he is artistic.

I recognized Zooey Deschanel as the students music teacher and she encourages Jesse to use his talents, and not let the other students intimidate him.

While the movie had a good message about how life can be. I was ...

• expecting more magical interests as opposed to just two kids hiding their problems in their imagination.

In the movie when Leslie dies because the rope which the two kids used to get to their tree house breaks I did think that was sad, but I was disappointed in the movie.

After Leslie dies the

school bully befriends Jesse.

The bridge was created by Jesse’s imagination as a tribute after Leslie dies. He feels guilty about Leslie’s death because he did not want Leslie to go to the museum with the teacher.

I know this was a childrens film, but my kids were not impressed with “The Bridge to Terabethia” either.

The Bridge to Terabithia

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112512550780831/k2311a1225/12.25.08