Windows Defender (beta2)
  • The operating system was nice, but it lack recover from problem on trial and error
  • I would browse the Internet looking for anything I thought would help
  • I did not have any experience with these new security programs that was offered
  • I found a free program Windows Defender (beta 2)
  • I will never get rid of my Windows Defender (beta 2) I fell in love, it didn't cost me a thing, and so far it's being nice to my computer

• by Lucille
      Windows Defender (beta2) I have enjoyed working with computers. This is my vocation. I am learning more and more everyday about computing. My first operating system was the Windows 98. I had dial-up service at that time. Downloading programs were much slower. The pop-ups were terrible. It was hard to enjoy the Internet without someone offering a (great deal). The security service at that time was nothing like what is offered today. The operating system was nice, but it lack recover from problem on trial and error. I also discovered that owning a computer can be quite expensive. I had to learn to bargain shop for services, programs, and software. And to be very cautious about loading free programs and software. My next and current computer system was Window XP sp2. My step kids were using this system to download music and who knows what else. Their father purchase this system to keep them entertain.

He didn’t realize that having a computers can be entertaining but dangerous. Everything was wide open for hackers. Sure there is a Windows firewall, but you still need a lot more security. The pop-ups were annoying every time I logged on to the Internet. Adware had hi-jack the computer and the first thing I had to deal with was getting rid of the different pop-up ads. They had figure out a way to get around the pop-up blockers on the browsers and the firewall. Then we purchase Comcast cable with High speed Internet with Free security services from

McAfee, and the price was reasonable. The Comcast website also offer other free programs. 1. McAfee Scan. 2. McAfee Privacy Services. 3. McAfee Personal Firewall Plus 4. McAfee Security Center More about these when I have them for a while.

The Comcast website also offer other free programs. I was eager to get started and I plunged straight ahead. Now here is where my problems started, not with Comcast or McAfee, but with me getting my system clean. First, I could not download or look at the Web pages to download the McAfee programs on Comcast. I could go everywhere else on the Internet and download programs. Comcast and McAfee customer services was very helpful in trying to help me solve my problem. The services are free. Next, I reset and clean. I got rid of all the adware I could find (The children had downloaded all this free stuff that come with free music and games. ) you would think problem solve, No. I call other customer services but help was always with a price. I didn’t want to spend any money. I didn’t have it to spend. I would browse the Internet looking for anything I thought would help. I did not have any experience with these new security programs that was offered.

Most are buy with limited excess. I refuse to give up. One night about 3:00 am, I was watching TV and my Internet box started on it own. I thought to my self,

• I know I turned that box off. I got up turned it off, start watching TV again. About 2 hours later it turned on again. Finally I just unplugged the box. I knew I had to get some security on my system soon. Finally logged on to Microsoft Windows downloads. I found a free program Windows Defender (beta 2). A SCAN program. I thought maybe this would help me fix my problem. I trusted this site. I downloaded the program with no problems. Wow! What a relief.

I ran the Scan. This is what it found: 1. Spyware ABSPICS High Alert remove. 2. Adware SortedLicks Trojan High Alert remove. 3. Trojan. Downloader. pop… Severe Alert remove. 4. PWS. Pinch password stealer Severe Alert remove. 5. Trojan. Startup.

NameShifter High Alert remove. 6. SearchTool adware High Alert remove. 7. Trojan. Downloader. msxmidi

Severe Alert remove. 8. Trojan. Startup. 0e3df3 High Alert remove. Windows Defender (beta 2) also records medium and low alerts. I had no ideal those type of programs were running on my system. I went back to my Comcast website. Guess what? Yes!, I was finally able to download my free McAfee security.

I will never get rid of my Windows Defender (beta 2) I fell in love, it didn’t cost me a thing, and so far it’s being nice to my computer. Window Defender is a spyware protection tool. That’s still in the development phrase. It offers three ways to help keep spyware and other potentially unwanted software from infecting your computer. 1. Real-time spyware protecting, 2. Microsoft SpyNet community. 3. Spyware scanning. Real-Time spyware protecting have (9) protection agents. 1. Auto Start 2. System Configuration (settings). 3. Internet Explorer Add-ons.

4. Internet Explorer Configurations (settings). 5. Internet Explorer Downloads. 6. Services and Drivers. 7. Applications Execution. 8. Applications Registration. 9. Windows Add-on. Microsoft SpyNet community - is a online Spynet community that helps you see how other people respond to software that has not yet been classified for risks. Spyware scanning - scans for spyware and other potentially unwanted software that might be installed on your computer. So far my computer is having a clean, protected, and ad free, existence.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30100554860231/k2311a0510/5.10.06