AVG 8 Free AntiVirus  » Software  »
  • Unfortunately, it is no matter for a regular use but when connected to internet, some trojan still pass through
  • One of the AVG Free Edition ability that I like is virus description in virus vault history

• by paysby

I like to use AVG antivirus free edition.

Until now I still used it in my computer with a XP operating system.

The last version I used now is 8.0.175.

It have a good ability to trap any viruses and spyware and still in best performance when updated regularly. It proofed to stop many attack to my computer.

Unfortunately, it is no matter for a regular use

but when connected to internet, some trojan still pass through. It makes me install another anti virus software as a companion Now, my computer not 100% free from viruses but every attack can detected better. Sometimes AVG trap and another time the companion trapped this virus and when I regularly check all drive with another anti virus and trojan, I can’t find any harmfull attack ...

• there.

Don’t forget to update regularly, it will keep our computer safe.

One of the AVG Free Edition ability that I like is virus description in virus vault history. It give a standard name to search. Comparable with some anti virus which ever I use, AVG give a better explanation, inside this program or by search engine.

This is helpfull when we fight some viruses

that hide some script inside registry or some file inside our drive.

I realize that this software can detect some hidden threat from removable media, like flashdisk, as good as permanent media.

At least, use it freely (for a standard home computer it is enough) because it is free. But remember to try this one with a companion, especially when you are connected to internet. Another option for this is upgrade your lisence.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302012545521031/k2311a1220/12.20.08