Excedrin Migraine (OTC)
  • I know this is not the right answer, with being an RN and all, however I work nights and need to stay awake
  • I think they are invaluable and sometimes a lot easier than running to the store for caffeine beverage

• by John Green

I drink a lot of caffeine to keep my headaches away. I know this is not the right answer, with being an RN and all, however I work nights and need to stay awake. When I have days off I tend to stay up for 30 plus hours before going to bed.

I take is less than half the caffeine I take in

when I am working and this causes me to get migraines. I keep a bottle of Excedrin Migraine tabs handy and use them once this process starts.

You can buy them over the counter and they are relatively cheap, like $3 for a bottle of 50 tabs. My headache pain is resolved quickly with these.

They contain acetamenophen, caffeine, and aspirin. I am ...

• so grateful for these tabs as they allow me to quickly get over my migraine and headaches and get back to life.

I think they are invaluable and sometimes a lot easier than running to the store for caffeine beverage. They are also a lot cheaper than doing that.

They also take away aches and pain due to the aspirin and tylenol.

I use to have migraines so bad I would pass out.

i was on all types of meds that made me drowsy and feel terrible. Excedrine does not do this to me.

In fact it makes me feel more awake and ready to go. Sometimes you dont need all the fancy medicine that doctors prescribe.

For me it is excedrin migrain!!

Lucy says :

what if Excedrin Migraine doesn`t work for me? it says it works after 30 minutes,but i still have a horrible pounding in my head, what should i do?

Joanna says :

Hi,

I unfortunately have a vast amount of experience with migraines. I love Excedrin, but there are a few things that I have noticed:

first, with severe migraines, you may need to take Excedrin and then lay down in a cool dark place with a cool rag over your eyes.

Second, Excedrin migraine wont work if you are having a tension headache. For that I would get Excedrin tension headache. They are pretty much the same ingredients, but they work differently.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261912545341031/k2311a1219/12.19.08