Pioneer TS-D1720C Component Speakers  » Electronics  »
  • The Pioneer TS-D1720C component is the latest and the best of the new D-Seeries speakers released by Pioneer in 2008
  • I bought the Pioneer TS-D1720C component set for approximately RM700 (US$210), which is relatively cheaper than other more established brands like Focal, Infinity or Polk, but still delivers almost the same if not better sound quality for my driving enjoyment

• by balvanie77

I shifted the front MTX Audio TX6001 component set of my car to the rear, and got the new Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75″ component speaker set installed to the front about 3 months ago when the rear speakers were spoilt. I am utterly satisfied with it, thanks to my trusted car accessory technician who highly recommended it to me.

in 2008. It boasts the first basalt fiber speaker cone made from natural rock interwoven with aramid fiber. With the dual layer IMX (Injection Molded Matric) aramid/basalt fiber composite cone, the sound reproduction is even more crisps and solid than that of my MTX component set, and it enhances the clarity of the sound produced. The rear-chamber tweeters installed both sides on the dashboard extend mid-range frequency, especially on vocals, which is best for frontal ...

• sound staging.

As most of the songs that I play are club hits, the solid bass thumping that the front speakers could produce, plus the clarity of the vocal from the tweeters are well defined, and suits my style of music perfectly. When combined with the more powerful bass reproductions from the rear MTX components and the Pioneer 12″ woofer from the trunk, blasting club hits in my car actually makes me feel like I myself

is in a club, except that I am not actually consuming any beer.

I bought the Pioneer TS-D1720C component set for approximately RM700 (US$210), which is relatively cheaper than other more established brands like Focal, Infinity or Polk, but still delivers almost the same if not better sound quality for my driving enjoyment. It is certainly a very good buy if you factor in the cheaper price tag that comes with the high quality of the product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161912545200931/k2311a1219/12.19.08