Mami Poko Diapers
  • We compared notes and agreed that we do save more when we don't have to change diapers often

• by writermom

I have an 11-year-old child with cerebral palsy. He has the most severe form of this condition called spastic quadriplegia. As such, he is fully dependent on me and my husband to care for his all his needs.

Taking care of a bedridden patient at home is no easy walk in the park. It is doubly made harder when the things we use

are not good enough to make our tasks easier.

For many years, we’ve switched from one diaper brand to another, trying to find what would work best for my child. At certain points, there have been brands that worked well. But, as my son grew older and bigger, his urine output, of course, also increased. It was difficult changing him in between his tube-feeding sessions but there were times when his special seat does become soaking wet because the diaper he was wearing at the moment was not absorbent enough.

I’ve heard about Mami Poko from several moms in my e-groups before but held out buying that brand because it is the most expensive one you’ll find on the grocery shelves. How wrong was I in thinking ...

• Mami Poko Diapers
      I’ll be spending more if we use this brand!

It has been three years since we switched from a more popular and one of the leading diaper brands here in the Philippines. I haven’t looked back since. My husband and I are very satisfied with Mami Poko’s performance. The quality is consistent unlike other diapers that sometimes have good batches while other times, I

am tempted to throw the lot out the window.

My sister is also using Mami Poko for my 2-year-old niece’s overnight use. We compared notes and agreed that we do save more when we don’t have to change diapers often. After all, these products really put a dent in one’s pockets but they are necessities that help us take care of our children better.

Lai Lee Hua says :

My 8 year-old boy is autism. He cannot control his urination and is using diapers till now. He has been using Mamypoko brand since he’s a baby because it’s dryness, comfort, softness and absorbtion quality is the best compared to other diapers. Now he’s using XXL size pants and I’m worried as there’s no other size bigger as my child gets older.

I really hope Mamypoko pants will be available in bigger size than XXL. I’m sure for those who have special needs children are facing the same problems as mine.

Please consider this request.

Sincerely.

DIMPLE says :

I would like to know how long should we change the diapers to aviod rash can you let me know is it save to you 24 hrs diapers and how many time we need to change or after how long we need to change it agian thnk you do reply soon

Erica says :

Usually every 2-3 hours. It depends on your child and how wet the diaper is. If the diaper is sopping, change it, if its only a little wet, it can wait a little. Poopy diapers should be changed as soon as you can, thats usually what causes the rashes. You can also avoid a rash before it happens by putting a little rash cream or baby powder on their butt when changing there diaper even if there isnt a rash yet.

Galega says :

The standard recommendation is 2 - 3 hours as far as changing a diaper is concerned. However, now, diaper are available in better absorption quality and anti leaking material which means diaper can be there for longer. It is obviously not possible to change diaper every 3 hours in the night. No one will like to awaken a sleeping baby in the night. Now, you need to change diaper every 6 - 8 hours. However, keep an eye on any possibility of leaking. Also, if you expect bowel movement then change the diaper immediately as acid content in the bowel may irritate the skin of your baby which may result into diaper rash.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541912545120931/k2311a1219/12.19.08