Bare Escentuals Buxom Babes Diamond Lips
  • I had never tried their lip gloss, but the colors were so pretty and shiny in the box that I decided to plunk down the $28 and try them out
  • From the sales girl, I learned that the lip glosses were also supposed to plump your lips
  • Even though my lips are not puffy, I would still recommend this lip gloss set

• by holli

It is that time of year again when cosmetics companies try to entice us into purchasing their wares by bundling together a number of their products into low price sampler collections. Usually I find these collections to be lacking in color choices so I usually forgo them. This year, one collection caught my eye and I purchased it.

The lucky cosmetics collection that I chose was Bare Escentuals Buxom Babes Diamond Lips lip glosses. The package comes with four kind-of mini lip glosses in various colors.

I am a huge Bare Escentuals fan. While I do not like their signature foundation (it doesn’t lay good on my skin..or maybe I just don’t know how to apply it properly) I am able to

wear eyeshadow because of them. They make the only eye shadow that doesn’t make my eyes itch.

I had never tried their lip gloss, but the colors were so pretty and shiny in the box that I decided to plunk down the $28 and try them out.

From the sales girl, I learned that the lip glosses were also supposed to plump your lips. I wasn’t aware of this, so suddenly the $28 seemed like a bargain.

Before I review the gloss I want to bring up one point: The lip gloss came in a box which was too nice to throw away, yet I wasn’t sure what, if anything, I could use it for.

Now that I got that off my chest…

As ...

• I mentioned earlier, there are 4 glosses. One is a bubble gum pink, one a nuetral peach color, one a mauve-ish plum, and one darker pink. Regardless of the color, all are very shiny and sparkly.

All the colors are sheer once applied and as with most lip glosses, look nice either alone or over lipstick or lip pencil.

The glitter factor is just right. Unless you work in a very, very conservative setting (or you yourself are very conservative) these glosses work well for the workplace or the club. Unlike cheaper drugstore brands, the glitter is finely milled so you don’t have big pieces of glitter adhering to your lips.

The texture of the glosses is pleasant-not overly gloppy or

sticky. The peach one is a little gritty though.

My favorite thing about the glosses is the way they make your lips feel and their taste. At first lick, I taste a subtle coffee flavor which later morphs into a refreshing minty flavor. The mint is not overpowering, but it somehow envelops your whole mouth and makes it feel fresh and tingly. What the gloss does not do is plump your lips. If the light hits your lips the right way, the reflection of the light of the lips gives the illusion of fuller lips, but that illusion is quickly shattered once you move out of the light.

Even though my lips are not puffy, I would still recommend this lip gloss set.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311912545110931/k2311a1219/12.19.08