The Day The Earth Stood Still- The Remake  » Movies  »
  • I bought a half size of popcorn so I can enjoy have something to munching in while watching the movie

• by hornetlover

Yesterday,we have watched the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still. I was looking forward to see this movie when I was still in the Philippines, so when my fiance asked me what movie do I wanna see? I picked The Day The Earth Stood Still.

We watched it in IMAX cinema here in Lansing, Michigan. I bought a half size of popcorn so I can enjoy have something to munching in while watching the movie.

The movie was originally done in 1951 with the same title and same plot. A man and a robot landed on earth.

In the 2008 version of this movie, all the scientist in

different expertise were put in a maximum security by the state. To make a close encounter to an earth-like alien spaceship.

Klaatu is the “man” inside the earth-like alien spaceship and he came to earth to save the planet. One female scientist, Helen Benson, played by Jennifer Connelly is the only one who wanted to help Klaatu so she let him escape from the scientist laboratory.

When she found out and understand what Klaatu meant when he said he came to save the earth, and how he can save the earth is when mankind will perish because mankind is killing the planet earth.

Klaatu wanna save the earth,

• only the earth not the inhabitant. By doing this, earth will not die and this will not affect their “planet”.

Then the entire state began to panic when the alien-robot started to turn into a dust that mixed into the air and started to devastate the entire state.

But, when Helen and her adopted son was almost dying and Helen beg Klaatu to help them and give mankind a second chance, that people can change. Klaatu decided to stop the devastation by coming back in to his earth-like spaceship.

And everything stooped! It was like they had a bad dream. A nightmare.

I was not very happy with

the ending of the movie. There would be a better ending on that movie. Klaatu should make an appeal to the leader of the nation and make an appeal to everybody. That we, people should start to care for our planet.

He would explain to the nation why the creatures from another planet wants to save the “earth” from its inhabitants. And he would tell all the people why he decided to save the people in this earth.

With that, people would know why Klaatu made an invation on planet earth.

But, the movie is OK if you just wanna relax and sit and you feel like you are bored.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111912545050931/k2311a1219/12.19.08