Epson Stylus C41SX Ink Jet Printer  » Hardware  »
Reviewer: Donato

• The difference that matters comes down to durability, cost of maintenance, and the most essential
  • The printer was definitely and absolutely free alright but the ink was not

• In all my years of “computing” with a considerable chunk of it devoted to desktop publishing, I have come across the use of different ink jet printers. Some are slow, some are fast other are noisy while others are silent. Most ink jets do not vary that much n terms of quality as ink jets will be ink jets and go only as far as the quality provided for such printers will allow.

The difference that matters comes down to durability, cost of maintenance, and the most essential: cost of ink or refill. Without having to mention other brands it is a commonly known fact that a pair of most brand new ink cartridges cost

as much as the printer itself.

I recall a promo of one of the local DSL providers in our locality which offered a free printer for everyone who would subscribe to their DSL connection. As in all freebies and promo’s there was a catch.

The printer was definitely and absolutely free alright but the ink was not. In order to avail of the free printer, the subscriber was obligated to buy the pair of new ink cartridges needed by the printer.

Obviously, the price of the two (2) ink cartridges was the same as f you went out and bought the printer yourself. So much for a “free” printer.

I’m glad however, that this is ...

• not the case with my Epson Stylus C41SX I was able to get it brand new for less than $50 USD and a refill of its colored cartridge would be only a little over $8 USD and black refill would be a little over $5USD. A brand new colored cartridge would be about $12 to $13 while a brand new black ink cartridge would be about $10 USD or less.

Quality and speed of this printer is at pat f not even better than the other brands and it is durable! This particular printer has been dropped a couple of times and thus far I have not encountered any problems whatsoever. It has

a simple easy to pack and carry design which makes it easy to take on trips and on tasks that require me to be mobile from time to time.

Out of the several printers I had in my possession lately I sold my Epson Stylus to a good friend of mine. A decision I soon regretted as the printer I was left with ran out of ink costs too much for refill and even more for a new cartridge.

Good thing I was still able to get back my Epson Stylus which was easily afforded a color cartridge refill just right for my budget. I am definitely going to buy back this printer from my friend.

Hemant says :

I have EPSON STYLUS C41SX. I didnt use it last 3 years.Now I want to reuse it. If any one knows about price of new cartirages or refilling old of the same,let me know……. THANKS ….

Jules says :

It’s tough to say a price because there are so many different ink options. It also depends on where you purchase them from. Amazon has them priced in the range of 4-15 dollars. I recommend shopping around for the best price.

Galega says :

There is absolutely no doubt that original cartridges are the best. If affordability is an issue, then you can consider using refilling of old one. Here, I would suggest you to first check for your printer. Check whether it is working properly or not. That’s because of the fact that it has been kept idle for three years.

jothi says :

i want a epson stylus c41sx ink jet printer software. as early as possible.

Jules says :

Here’s a link to Epson’s website to download the driver and software, click on the option to view drivers:

Galega says :

You need to visit the official website of Epson Stylus for the same. Select the model of your Jet Printer - C41SX in your case. Now, you are required to select the Operating System you are using. Driver is available for all Operating System - Windows and Mac. Click on download and you are done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3315095450830/k2311a0915/9.15.05