Friendster  » Web sites  »
  • I know a lot of people will disagree with me especially those who will point out freedom of expression as a major overriding issue

• by Joy

Friendster has been one of the busiest internet portals to grace this side of mankind. Through the years, it has more than lived up to its promise of bridging the gap between lost friends and establishing new linkages with new friends and acquaintances, without regard for race, color, belief, and other things that

might otherwise be taken as a hindrance or an obstacle to the establishment of such.

However, I am beginning to lament the observation that some members have used the website to advance some not-so-healthy content.

Mind you, Friendster can actually be accessed by virtually anyone, as in ANYONE, including our children.

I have ...

• seen some Friendster members readily flaunt “sex” and other similar content in their pages that the young mind may not necessarily be prepared to deal with at this time.

Although Friendster is a public domain, it is my hope that they will be able to develop some form of censorship and try to

police its ranks.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me especially those who will point out freedom of expression as a major overriding issue.

Okay, Friendster is a good site to make friends and to re-establish lost friendships.

But please, let us keep the communication clean for our children’s sake.

Friendster

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201812544741131/k2311a1218/12.18.08