Winnie the Pooh  » Movies  »
  • The only problem I have right now, after careful thought, is that I find Winnie the Pooh to be a not-so-good an example to kids because of his gluttonous nature, especially when it comes to honey
  • There is also that episode where Pooh's utter lack of consideration for the others around him has led me to think he definitely is not a good role model

• by Joy

Winnie the Pooh has been a favorite cartoon show among kids and kids-at-heart alike. Pooh bear, with his friends Christopher Robbin, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Eyore, Owl, Helufun, Kessie, Kanga, and Roo all provide kiddie entertainment like no other.

Each episode is fully-packed with exciting stories and adventures to tell and I am glad to see many meaningful stories from the

show.

The only problem I have right now, after careful thought, is that I find Winnie the Pooh to be a not-so-good an example to kids because of his gluttonous nature, especially when it comes to honey.

I do recognize his need for honey but can he not be so selfish when it comes to it? There is this one ...

• episode where Winnie practically ate everything that Rabbit has which ultimately got him into trouble.

There is also that episode where Pooh’s utter lack of consideration for the others around him has led me to think he definitely is not a good role model.

Among his friends though, I admire most Piglet because of his humble and sweet nature.

Tigger’s

happy-go-lucky always-bouncing attitude is commendable in a way and so is Rabbit’s industriousness in tilling his land.

Owl is great for his love of knowledge.

Perhaps the only good thing I see about Pooh bear is unending friendship with Christopher Robbin and perhaps, to a lesser extent, his gluttonous nature which can motivate him to do things he would not normally do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111812544731131/k2311a1218/12.18.08