BlendTec Home Blender  » Housewares  »
  • When it came time to get a new blender (I didn't have to wait long), I decided to check out the reviews for the home model

• by ThePaintGuru

Before we got the BlendTec, my family went through blenders every few months. We’d put ice and frozen fruit in them to make smoothies, and after a while the gears or motor would wear out and we’d have to go get a new one. I first got interested in trying one of the BlendTec blenders because they were advertised in those “Will it blend?” commercials on Youtube, where they would blend 100 marbles or an Apple iPod. When it

came time to get a new blender (I didn’t have to wait long), I decided to check out the reviews for the home model. Most of them were very good, and the blender looked heavy duty. It was also white, which matched our kitchen nicely, so we ordered it.

When it arrived, we quickly discovered that this blender can blend anything. Of course, we didn’t try putting non-food items in it but 2 cups of completely frozen strawberries began to ...

• replace the ice in our fruit drinks. Best of all, the gearing system seems to be very strong and well made. It has been about a year since we got this thing, and still there is no smell of burning rubber or horrible sound of screeching machinery while we blend. To be fair, though, the BlendTec is a bit noisier than your average blender, probably because of the increased horsepower. It is so powerful that it feels like a
        waste when I put something soft in.

Looking at things practically, the BlendTec home is a bit more expensive than other blenders, but it is worth the investment if you use your blender often and have had one break before. I am confident that ours will last for years, and it has shown no signs of wear at all. The only unfortunate thing is that people in my house want to use it 2-3 times a day, and one pitcher/container is hardly enough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531812544501131/k2311a1218/12.18.08