Jose Ole Mini Tacos  » Food  »
3.7
  • I love tacos, but don't like the mess involved with making them from scratch, and I just don't get to Taco Bell as frequently as I'd like

• by Orrymain

I love tacos, but don’t like the mess involved with making them from scratch, and I just don’t get to Taco Bell as frequently as I’d like. I’ve tried various products in the past to try and satisfy my taco cravings, but Jose Ole Mini Tacos is the first one that has been successful.

The large box of mini tacos is colorful. Inside is a plastic bag with a load of beef and cheese (real cheddar cheese, per the box) mini tacos. They could improve this product

by making the bag resealable. As it is, you have to clip it or roll it up to keep it closed and fresh. In fact, they could package this completely in a resealable bag and forgo the box in its entirety.

Jose Ole recommends cooking roughly 8-10 of these at a time. They only take about 10 minutes to bake. I like that there’s no mess involved. You just take the mini tacos out of the plastic bag and place them in a pan or ...

• on a layer of foil. Ten minutes later, tacos are served!

The box does not include any taco sauce, so you need to make sure you have some on hand, or eat them plain. I’ve actually done both. The first time I had the mini tacos, I didn’t have any taco sauce at all, so I just ate them as is. Silly me hadn’t even thought about sauce when I’d bought these. Now, I’m prepared.

There could be a few improvements in the product. The

meat could be more evenly distributed in each mini taco. Sometimes, one side is beefier than the other. I’d also like to see just a tad more meat in each mini taco. There are times when a mini taco is pretty slim on the pickins’, so to speak.

Still, Jose Ole Mini Tacos are great for a lunch or snack. They taste good, are easy to prepare, and there’s no cleanup. With slightly better packaging and a bit more filling, it would be top notch across the board.

Best of CyndiTV Reviews says :

I usually buy El Charrito Mini Tacos but the flavor was off on my last two purchases. I saw Jose Ole Mini Tacos at Kroger and decided to give them a try. The packaging grabbed my eye and I love mini tacos not to mention plain old beef and cheese. When I opened the box I decided to use the microwave method and it worked great but I was very disappointed to see green chilies in the mix since the box states beef and cheese. I had to take the green chilies out and I also suggest better distribution of meat and cheese nix the green chilies since the box states “Beef and Cheese”.

Sue says :

They are bland. Not much taste to them.

Mike says :

These Jose Ole Mini Tacos are packed with flavor. Easy to cook (I prefer the conventical oven) to get that crisp. My kids love’m. Just throw them in the oven, baked till crisp, give short cool down time, slap some sour cream on them and enjoy. Hits the spot every time. The only thing I don’t like, is there are never enough. )

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271812544271031/k2311a1218/12.18.08