Hormel Compleats Spaghetti  » Food  »
  • I've always enjoyed Hormel products and feel it is a quality brand with a taste I enjoy
  • It wasn't the best, but for a quick microwave job, it wasn't bad, either
  • Still, I think they could do a bit better in the future

• by Orrymain

Recently, I tried Hormel Compleats Spaghetti with meat sauce. I’ve always enjoyed Hormel products and feel it is a quality brand with a taste I enjoy. Since spaghetti is my all-time favorite food, and this promised a meal in 90 seconds, I just had to try it.

The spaghetti comes in a tray, covered by a thick white plastic. The directions say

to puncture the plastic in several spots. This was unusually difficult to do. The plastic covering was very strong and tough. It took more effort than I’m used to having to apply to make the needed punctures. I assume the tougher plastic is used because the Compleats meals are on the same shelves as canned foods and such and need ...

• a thicker protection to keep them fresh.

From there, it’s a quick 90 seconds to eat time.

The spaghetti tasted pretty good. It wasn’t the best, but for a quick microwave job, it wasn’t bad, either. It tasted fairly fresh. It wasn’t quite what I’d hoped for, but it was good enough to satisfy my spaghetti craving. Still, I think they could

do a bit better in the future.

I also wish the portion was larger. This ten-ounce size is actually pretty small. I’d like a few more ounces on that, especially considering the pricing, which is a little on the high side.

So, it’s a satisfying product that has room for improvements in all areas. I’ll probably try it again, when it’s on sale.

Alison says :

can you tell me what flavor sauce came with this Thanks

John says :

It comes with Hormel meat sauce.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271812544151031/k2311a1218/12.18.08