Birds Eye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn  » Food  »
  • As my readers know, I love convenience, so it will come to no surprise that I recently tried Birds Eye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn, which I've seen advertised on TV for quite a while now

• by Orrymain

As my readers know, I love convenience, so it will come to no surprise that I recently tried Birds Eye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn, which I’ve seen advertised on TV for quite a while now. I’ve hesitated on buying it because Birds Eye hasn’t really been a favorite brand of mine, and honestly, I’ve never been much of a frozen vegetable user.

However, the convenience angle for this product drew me in. As it says on the bag,

the corn ‘perfectly steams in the bag’. You know what? It did! All I had to do was place the bag into the microwave and let it cook for about five minutes. Then a little tear of the notch, and out comes the steamed corn.

It does cook as it advertises. It is a little difficult to open. The notch is there, and it does open easily, but it’s a bit hard to handle ...

• the hot package and still tear the notch and then poor. Maybe I’ll get the gist of it when I buy the product again. There are cool tips where you can pick up the packet of steamed corn, but it’s manipulating it that I haven’t quite figured out yet.

I also like the size of the package, which is made for two. Too many packages are large, and just not made for a smaller family or a

single user. This is the perfect size.

As for the taste, I was wowed. It’s much better than I remember for when I last had Birds Eye, so they’ve improved; that, or my tastes have changed with age. It was hot, sweet, and just yummy! I love good corn, and this was definitely good corn.

Regardless, the product works as advertised. I will be buying this again and probably checking out some of the other Steamfresh varieties.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271712544140631/k2311a1217/12.17.08