Cranberry Christmas  » Movies  »
  • What I like about it is the wholesomeness
  • The best parts for me are the tunes created for the cartoon by the wonderful Barry Manilow

• by Orrymain

I’m a sap for holiday tradition, and that includes all the animated classics. This year, Ocean Spray bring us a new cartoon with a Christmas theme. Entitled “Cranberry Christmas”, the cartoon is based on a popular book of the same name. What I like about it is the wholesomeness. I can’t tell

you how tired I am of blood, gore, and profanity.

The fairly short show brings us the classic good and bad guys in Mr. Whiskers and Cyrus Grape, respectively. They’re arguing over who owns an ice pond or bog, depending on which character owns it. Mr. Whiskers is the nice guy, and Grape the villain who sets about to see that the pond is all his and, therefore, he can keep the annoying children off the ice.

The best parts for me are the tunes created for the cartoon by the wonderful Barry Manilow. They’re wonderful and do their job to enhance the action on the screen. You ...

• Cranberry Christmas
      just can’t go wrong with Barry involved.

The worst part for me was the animating of the characters talking. It’s not that it was out of sinch; it’s that in too many places, it just didn’t match up. The most notable was during the big face off scene about a third of the way

into the story, when Whiskers and Grape are arguing over the pond.

Still, it was a well spent half hour and brought smiles. It’s nice to see something new created that fosters the concept of sharing and forgiveness.

I have to applaud Ocean Spray, too, who actually presented this commercial free for its first two outings. Way to go!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111712543840631/k2311a1217/12.17.08