Cadillac Catera  » Cars  »
  • I have owned this car for, as I said, about eight months now, and have not had one single problem with it
  • Cateras were made smaller and more sporty than the other models, but although they appear smaller, the amount of room they employ is amazing
  • As far as reliablilty, quality, performance, and looks, I think this car deserves a perfect rating

• by themusicpainter

About eight months ago, I began my search for a reliable, aesthetically pleasing, and inexpensive used car. I needed a car with a decent amount of trunk space, as I’m consistently hauling large musical equipment, but it also needed to get decent gas mileage. One day, I came across an ad on the CraigsList site for a 1998 Cadillac Catera, with less than 90,000 miles on it.

I’m not usually fond of the looks of Cadillacs, but after seeing a picture of this beauty, I was hooked. I paid $3750 the first day I saw it.

I have owned this

car for, as I said, about eight months now, and have not had one single problem with it. It runs like a dream, gets pretty good gas mileage (around 23-28 miles per gallon), and has a beautiful shiny black finish.

The Cadillac Catera does not look like many other Cadillacs. Cateras were made smaller and more sporty than the other models, but although they appear smaller, the amount of room they employ is amazing.

The interior is completely leather, with fold down back seats which allow for access through the trunk for large items. The trunk itself is massive.

As ...

• a test of it’s size, I crawled into the trunk and had a friend close it on me. I was comfortable and able to roll around a little bit.

That’s not to say that I could stretch out, but I was surprisingly comfortable. It’s a very attractive car, and for being made a decade ago, looks surprisingly modern.

The Catera also has lots of speed and power. An “S” is imprinted on a button which lies on the top of the shift knob, signifying “Sporty Shift”.

By pressing this, the car shifts quicker and faster, giving it more power and

enabling it to fly from 10 to 80 mph in seconds. Other features, such as traction control, seat warmers, personalized heater vents (in which the two front passengers can choose what temperature to have on their side), power seats, a back seat lighter, lighting for 4 seats, Bose brand speakers, advanced radio, and multiple other qualities polish this car off wonderfully.

As far as reliablilty, quality, performance, and looks, I think this car deserves a perfect rating. I cannot complain about one thing in regards to this wonderful vehicle.

I only hope that Cadillac brings forth another car like the Cadillac Catera.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91712543410531/k2311a1217/12.17.08