Wendy’s San Marcos,TX  » Restaurants  »
1.0
701 East Hopkins Street- San Marcos,TX
  • Today on my lunch break I decided to go and grab a bite to eat at the area Wendy's
  • After I paid the cashier he made no additional comments to me
  • Well I have always enjoyed Wendy's food, but today was just a bad day to go to there
  • I know that the fast food industry may not be easy or delightful to work for, but it still does not excuse the bad costumer presentation with not only the quality of the food but the service provided

• by J.D. Bedwell

I work at an outlet mall in San Marcos, TX. Today on my lunch break I decided to go and grab a bite to eat at the area Wendy’s. That was the beginning of a huge mistake. Right away I observed the location and came to the conclusion that whoever designed the overall setup had made a huge mistake.

The parking lot was way too small and narrow on the drive-thru side so only one car can go around the restaurant’s side to get to the front. There is also not enough entrances and exits for a fast food restaurant that receives a high volume of customers from the large outlet mall next door. When I pulled

up to the drive-thru I was greeted with a cashier shouting that there was no carbonated soft drinks available, and that all they had to drink was tea, lemonade, and water.

At no point did the cashier greet me. While trying to order my food the cashier would blurt out “Will that be all?” After completing my order I drove to the first window were a very angry looking young man stood waiting for me to hand over my money. After I paid the cashier he made no additional comments to me.

Such as “Thank You”, “Pull up to the next window please. ” Not one word instead he let his gaze drift off as if I was not even there. When I started ...

• to pull up to the second window I saw a young lady leaning out holding my food out like she was a quarterback making a hand off to one of her backs.

This was a dead giveaway about the freshness of my food considering I had placed the order 2 minutes before. Once I stopped to get my food I was again greeted in no shape, way, form, or fashion. After I received all of my order the quarterback said nothing to me and walked away.

The quality of the food was as expected, below average. I ordered several of the dollar menu items which included a five piece chicken nugget, a junior bacon cheeseburger, a small fry, and a

large iced tea. All of the food tasted as if had been up under a heat lamp since they had opened.

The chicken nuggets were tolerable but the fries and burger were soggy. My tea was not too bad it tasted fine, but it could have used a lot more ice. Well I have always enjoyed Wendy’s food, but today was just a bad day to go to there.

I know that the fast food industry may not be easy or delightful to work for, but it still does not excuse the bad costumer presentation with not only the quality of the food but the service provided. Not only will I not be going there anymore, but I will be encouraging others to do the same.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71712543360531/k2311a1217/12.17.08