The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe  » Movies  »
  • I did not really know any of the actors yet I thought the little girl who played Lucy did a good job, and did not really over act
  • In this particular version of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe I was very impressed with the computer graphics, they were very original and interesting
  • I like big cats and thought they were created very well

• by LP Jardine

This evening I watched “The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”. I had heard mixed reviews, yet I wanted to see this movie for myself.

I had seen the original cartoon movie, way back when.

I have to say I really liked this remake.

I did not really know

any of the actors yet I thought the little girl who played Lucy did a good job, and did not really over act.

In this particular version of “The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe” I was very impressed with the computer graphics, they were very original and interesting. I really liked the ...

• way they used the animals and fantasy creatures.

I thought the scenery was breathtaking.

I thought the dialogue followed like it was supposed to and you could see the feeling behind the words.

I really liked the creation of Asland and some of the cats. I like big cats and thought they were

created very well.

I also thought it was interesting that polar bears pulled the White Witch’s chariot.

All in all, I have to say I really did like this version of “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”, I thought it was way better than I was led to believe.

tyson jones says :

did anything interesting happen in the making of the movie

Jennifer Davis says :

Actually, there were one or two funny stories that I saw on the special features about the making of the movie. The one that sticks out in my memory is that the wolves that destroyed Beaver’s home were actually mostly real. They only added one or two computer generated wolves. However, during the filming of the scene the wolves kept wagging their tails which made them seem more playful and friendly. In the end the real wolves tails were edited out and replaced with computer generated ones.

Hope that was interesting for you. I would definitely suggest buying the movie because it is good and them watching the special features disk where they talk about the making of the movie to find out more about things that happened behind the scenes.

Grecy says :

Everything is interesting in the film. They killed the Witch, sorry for the spoiler. Actually, this is one of the movie that is adapted from a book that became my favorite. I love the story, it is clear and detailed. I love the effects and I hate the Ice Queen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111712543330531/k2311a1217/12.17.08