Dave Movie
  • When I saw the PG-13 rating and read the blurb - a lookalike of the American President temporarily takes the President's place - I thought there would be some stupid stuff, like him having sex with the President's wife, etc. Thankfully, the filmmakers were smart enough to avoid cheap moves like that

• by Lorianna
      This movie was surprisingly good, much better than I expected. When I saw the PG-13 rating and read the blurb - a lookalike of the American President temporarily takes the President’s place - I thought there would be some stupid stuff, like him having sex with the President’s wife, etc.

Thankfully, the filmmakers were smart enough to avoid

cheap moves like that.

There was a sexual scene, of course (you can hardly expect a movie without one these days), but it was brief and not explicit.

Dave Kovic, played by Kevin Kline, is a small business owner who looks very much like the United States current President, Bill Mitchell.

The President needs a double for public ...

• appearances.

His men find Dave.

Dave accepts the offer, and on the very first day he starts this new job, Mitchell, the President, has a stroke (while having sex with his secretary - the only sex scene I mentioned before).

According to the law, the vice-president must take over; but Bob Alexander, the President’s chief of staff, does

not want him.

Instead, he comes up with the idea of concealing what happened and having Dave, the double, act like the President.

If you think you know what’s going to happen next, you are probably wrong.

I thought I knew, and the movie surprised me.

The plot stayed away from predictable turns and kept me interested to the end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1180554120531/k2311a058/5.8.06