The Wild Places by Robert Macfarlane  » Books  »
  • I love the cover illustration for the book, The Wild Places by Robert Macfarlane
  • Places that are 'wild' in my opinion before I read this book includes terrains, caves and the wilderness

• by eryana09

I love the cover illustration for the book, The Wild Places by Robert Macfarlane. It has a sandalwood effect on me; very calming, gentle and soothing.

Places that are ‘wild’ in my opinion before I read this book includes terrains, caves and the wilderness. And

true enough, the author Macfarlane cleverly makes readers interested to find out these places which are avoided totally by most people. There’s a saying to leave the wild unknown but author here has over-ride that rule and up came along this book, which in my best opinion is a totally good read. If you are a wild traveler, or an extensive sort of traveler, then this book would be your cup of tea. There’s just lots of wilderness involved and writing about the wild is really not easy. I can even imagine ...

• The Wild Places by Robert Macfarlane
      some poems just by reading this book. That’s the beauty of this world. Things that we are not willing to explore; others would.

That reminds me of the old and untouched Changi Hospital; the old one in Changi. It’s left there; without any developments whatsoever.

I’m wondering there must be some wild things going on and there has to be a best reason for not doing anything there. This is a perfect example or rather, a good excuse to be writing a book like this. For that, I give it an 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171612539620431/k2311a1216/12.16.08