A Writer’s Grammar by C. Beth Burch  » Books  »
  • I found this book to be almost revolutionary in it's teaching method
  • I have, and will continue to recommend this book to any and all writers who wish improvement upon themselves

• by themusicpainter

As a writer, proper grammar is one of the most important aspects within my field of work. Yet, although it is crucial to any well-written work, grammar has a reputation of being one of the less-glamorous portions of writing.

Known for being elementary, simple, and dull, too often is the study of proper english dismissed.

I recently finished the book “A Writer’s Grammar” by

C.

Beth Burch.

I found this book to be almost revolutionary in it’s teaching method.

With reading one chapter each week, and practicing applying it’s lessons, I found my writing began to change, and I started understanding more about why I worded something the way I did, and even found ways to word things better!

Each chapter covers a new section, thus a new ...

• lesson.

To be sure, this is not the grammar you learned in elementary school.

Quite on the contrary.

This is college level grammar, and much of it is more difficult than most would like to admit.

Many of the lessons don’t seem to make sense at first, yet after going through further chapters, pieces fall into place that you never even knew were there.

/> This was a fantastic book, one that I felt was so comprehensive and so in-depth, that it changed the way I look at so-called “simple sentences”.

The exercizes are fun, the lessons are marvelously well written, and finishing this book gives a gratifying feeling that cannot be ignored.

I have, and will continue to recommend this book to any and all writers who wish improvement upon themselves.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171612539340431/k2311a1216/12.16.08