BoerBoel  » Pets  »
  • They grow up to one hundred forty pounds and most are more intelligent than children and, in my opinion, most adults
  • What I think is fascinating about the BoerBoel is that in southern Africa, this breed is used for so many different things
  • But I would not recommend that just everyone run out and get a BoerBoel
  • I think that they are amazing and beautiful animals and I am incredibly impressed with them

• by RebeccaLynn

The BoerBoel is an excellent dog to have if you are looking for a strong, loyal, protective and highly intelligent dog. This particular breed is a considered a rare breed, hailing from southern Africa. The BoerBoel is not a dog for anyone who does not want or can not handle an extremely large dog.

They grow up to one hundred forty pounds and most are more intelligent than children and, in my opinion, most adults. This dog breed tends to think for it’sself rather than just take the same old commands to do the same old tricks that most dogs will do.

Aside from

being one of the most beautiful breeds that I have ever seen, you have to be commited to giving this dog a LOT of training and attention. They want attention and affection from their’ family but they also crave stimulation.

As I said, this dog will think for it’sself so during his ‘teen years’ he may not always listen to your’ commands. They tend to get stubborn for a time right after puppy hood.

What I think is fascinating about the BoerBoel is that in southern Africa, this breed is used for so many different things! They guard the herds from hyena and lions ...

• but they also guard the families. When the adults have to go work with the herds or go off to work in the fields, many mothers will tie one end of a rope to their child and tie the other end to their’ BoerBoel before leaving to work.

They use these dogs as a baby sitter of sorts because the parents are absolutely confident that the dog will allow nothing to harm their’ children. Which is just one of the breeds many wonderful traits.

They will loyaly take care of children and livestock and have been known to be incredibly gentle with newboen calfs

and females have been known to nurse abandoned foals. I think this breed is just wonderful! But I would not recommend that just everyone run out and get a BoerBoel.

This dog needs a job and a firm but loving hand. They need to be included in the family and they need a lot of room to run.

I would only recommend this breed to someone who had the time and is willing to put in the commitment to this breed of dog. I think that they are amazing and beautiful animals and I am incredibly impressed with them! For the BoerBoel breed it’sself, I give them a perfect ten!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291612539150331/k2311a1216/12.16.08