Sherri Shepard  » People  »
1.0
  • When Sherri Shepard joined The View I thought it would be a good thing for the show

• by RebeccaLynn

When Sherri Shepard joined The View I thought it would be a good thing for the show. She’s young and vibrant and funny and full of wit and she’s not afraid to just be who she is no matter what is politically correct.

But at the same time she tries to listen to the voices of wisdom in Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters.

She did something recently though that threw me for a loop.

She made a comment about white people that seemed very racist to me and Whoopi Goldberg

immediatley shut her down and changed the subject.

I didn’t think much more about it until this whole Presidential race starting focusing on race and Sherri and Elisabeth were talking and Sherri told Elisabeth that white people can not understand the pride that black people feel for Obama.

Of course, this offened Elisabeth and she made the comment that she would remove her white colored glasses so she could understand and Sherri yelled at Elisabeth that she couldn’t take of he white colored glasses because white people are born with ...

• them and they can’t take them off! That offended the crap out of me!

I have always taught my children to not see color.

There is no white man and black man.

There is only a man.

Understandably, Whoopi tried her best to shut this conversation down to no avail and it became very clear to me that Sherri Shepard is a racist.

She says that she isn’t but a month later she made yet another racist remark against white people.

This has opened my eyes to the fact that

while many white people have changed their views, maybe not so many of Miss Shepard’s generation have done the same.

If you sre going to be in the public eye and spew racist remarks with abandon then you shouldn’t be in the public eye.

How can we truly change how people view race differences if there is that kind of passionate racism on the airwaves?

I still watch The View because I adore Whoopi Goldberg.

She, to me, is one of the most respectable women on daytiime television but Sherri Shepard still gets on my nerves.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521612539130331/k2311a1216/12.16.08