Tracfone  » Cellular services  »
  • Pictures cost nothing and each text costs half of a minute
  • When we moved to a new state and thought about getting a new wireless service, we found that tracfone was the best service for us anyways because when we went to check out different services, a sales rep for Cellular One told us that Tracfones use all of the cell towers while other phones only use the towers associated with that company
  • Over all, I like tracfone and would recommend it to anyone who wants a cell phone without the hassle of contracts, bills and extra charges

• by RebeccaLynn

I really like tracfone. There are some drawbacks but I’d like to talk about the good things first. We first got a tracfone when we went to get cellular services and were blown away by the deposits, service fees and restrictions on minutes and calling areas. Then there were the early termination fees and overage charges that were outrageous.

Phone service shouldn’t be that complicated!

We just wanted something that was simple. We had heard about ‘pay as you go service’ and found out that tracfone is easy to use and cheap. We bought a tracfone at the Dollar General Store for only fifteen dollars and I was surprised at how nice the phone was! You can text and take

pictures and still pay as you go.

Pictures cost nothing and each text costs half of a minute. The tracfones are easy to activate too. You can either activate it from your’ computer at the tracfone website or you can call an 800 number and activate it that way.

When you want to buy more minutes, you just buy them where ever they are sold. They are sold just about everywhere. We buy them at Walmart, convience stores and at the Dollar store.

You get a code at the bottom of your’ reciept. You then out that code into your’ phone and that’s it. You have more minutes.

The minutes range in price fron twenty dollars for sixty minutes to ...

• one hundred dollars for two hundred minutes. When my husband had to work out of state, he took his tracfone with him and I never once had trouble reaching him. So the service is great!

When we moved to a new state and thought about getting a new wireless service, we found that tracfone was the best service for us anyways because when we went to check out different services, a sales rep for Cellular One told us that Tracfones use all of the cell towers while other phones only use the towers associated with that company.

So we are we better off with tracfone. I should also mention that I can send a text from my yahoo messenger to

my husband’s tracfone and he can reply to it so I can reach him no matter where I am or what I am doing. The down side to tracfone is that you have to keep an eye on your’ minutes because if you run out mid-call the phone will hang up on you.

But, the phone will ‘beep’ at you when you have ten minutes or less. Also, for now, what the phones can do is limited. You can text, and take pics but you can not download and listen to music yet and ring tones seem to be difficult to find for the tracfones.

Over all, I like tracfone and would recommend it to anyone who wants a cell phone without the hassle of contracts, bills and extra charges.

Tracfone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221612539110331/k2311a1216/12.16.08