Wall*e  » Movies  »
  • I thought this movie carried many meesages

• by RebeccaLynn

Wall*e is such a cute movie. I rented it for my kids the day that it was finally available on DVD. It’s a story about a trash robot that was left on earth, along with other trash robots, all most seven hundred years ago. Humans had made so much trash that the earth could no longer sustain life.

So the humans all left earth to live in a giant space ship until the trashbots could clean up the mess and plants could grow on the earth again. Apparently we messed earth up so badly that all of the plant life died or went dormant.

/> Anyway, after all most seven hundred years, Wall*e is the only functioning robot of any kind on earth and while he does his daily work, he has developed a personality and a healthy curiosity about some of the trash items that he has found and he collects those items.

He has also made friends with a cockroach who acts more like Wall*e’s pet dog. Wall*e has a fondness for old musicals on VHS and he is obviously lonely. The “mothership” periodically sends down a robot to scan the earth for signs of plant life.

Her job is to find a living plant and take ...

• it back to the mothership, at which time, the humans will be able to return to earth and re-colonize it. Her name is Eve. Wall*e falls in robot love with Eve and they return to the mothership together where humans have not had to so much as walk for themselves.

Everything is provided for them. Once on the mothership, the adventure begins and I don’t want to give that away. I thought this movie carried many meesages.

The first was obviously about what could potentially happen if we keep polluting the earth. Then the next obvious message concerned obesity, as every single human being

is so morbidly obese that they can not walk. Excercise is snuck in at various points and then apathy seems to be another lesson.

Thinking for yourself and the pursuit of knowledge are snuck in. Taken as a whole, this is a really cute movie that gives parents the opportunity to talk to their’ children about a variety of topics. My kids have watched this movie twice since I brought it home and I imagine that they will watch it again before I take it back.

I do recommend this movie. Even if you don’t have these discussions with your’ kids after watching it, it is still a cute movie. I give it an 8.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111612539050331/k2311a1216/12.16.08