East Coast Park, Singapore  » Travel  »
East Coast Park, Singapore
  • I love to go to the beach at East Coast Park
  • The best time to go there would be the evening when it is less hot and you can watch the sun go down

• by Sydney Hazelton

I love to go to the beach at East Coast Park. I used to go there more often with my then boyfriend. We used to cycle together. At East Coast, you can rent bicycles on an hourly basis. There are many bicycle kiosks which rents out different types of bicycles, ranging from tricycle for toddlers to mountain bikes for adults.

If we are not cycling, we would find a spot to just sit down and chat, while enjoying the wind blowing in our hair.

You can also see the ships anchored at sea, while waiting for their turn to load or unload their cargo at the harbour. The best time to go there would be the evening when it is less hot and you can watch the sun go down. Although the sun does not set directly in front of us, but it is wonderful to watch the sea change color and the light to dark.

There was once when I brought my aunts and cousins for a ...

• picnic at East Coast. The kids really enjoyed themselves. The young ones brought their spades and pails, and dug in the sand, while the older ones bathed and splashed in the water. We set up our tent and put out our mat, enjoying the breeze. It was very fun indeed. At the same time, we brought home-cooked food and ate them all up. The sea breeze really makes one hungry all the time. Even if you have not brought your own food, there
        are many fast food outlets and restaurants which you can buy from. There is also a 24-hour 7-Eleven outlet if you happen to camp by the beach overnight.

You need not worry about the toilet. There are several toilets along the East Coast. There are also showering facilities for those people who have jumped in the water and needed to wash down the sand and all. At the end of the day, you will bring home fond memories of the sun, sand and sea!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381512538841031/k2311a1215/12.15.08