The Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore  » Travel  »
1 Esplanade Drive, Singapore
  • I love to go to the Esplanade with my family
  • It was an experience that was hard to forget

• by Sydney Hazelton

I love to go to the Esplanade with my family. There was once when my husband and I watched a Jazz performance by a well-known international Jazz performer one night. It was an experience that was hard to forget. The performance was held in a theatre with an awesome sound system which reveberates through the every inch of my body. The gradation seating arrangement also helps. Everyone has a good view of the performers on stage even they may have bought

the cheapest tickets.

Besides the theatres, shows, musicals, performances which you can watch, there are other exciting things happening within the Esplanade itself. If you do not have enough money to pay for paid performances, there is always a chance for you to watch live performances for free at the outdoor stage. These performances are held on different days and at different times to suit your busy schedule. With the river in the background, these live performances are lovely to watch, especially ...

• at sunset. It can be very romantic. My husband and I watched some of these shows too and had a wonderful evening.

When we are not watching any performances, we usually have lunch at the restaurants and eateries at the Esplanade. Some of the restaurants have a river view. We love it. With the wind blowing and the fresh salty air, it really helps to whet our appetite. We often visit SourPuss, a restaurant there.

There is also a musuem at the Esplanade.

There was once when it was raining and we could not go outside until the rain stops. So we explored the interior of the Esplanade and found a museum. It featured old stuff and antiques. It was an enjoyable way to buy time before enjoying the sunshine again.

For tourists to Singapore, do not miss coming to the Esplanade. If you do not visit it, it is like not visiting the Sydney Opera House when you visit Sydney. So be there or be square!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381512538831031/k2311a1215/12.15.08