Mueller’s Classic Lasagna Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • So, I decided to find a recipe where the noodles needed to be cooked first
  • I found Mueller's pasta website and their classic lasagna recipe
  • I think I will be sticking to this recipe as a regular for the future

• by mbowie

I really like lasagna. It is also a dish my whole family enjoys. However, I do like to find easy to make meals. I normally make lasagna using recipes that don’t require the noodles to be cooked ahead of time.

The lasagna would taste OK but, the noodles never seemed to be cooked all the way and would be a bit chewy. So, I decided to find a recipe where the noodles needed to be cooked first.

I found Mueller’s pasta website and their classic lasagna recipe.

It is pretty much the same recipe I have used in the past except the noodles needed to be cooked first. It is a very easy simple recipe. I cook the noodles according to the package.

It took only about ten minutes to cook the noodles in boiling water. I also browned a pound of ground beef. The recipe calls for Italian sausage but, I substituted using ...

• the ground beef.

I then mixed 15 ozs of ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese together. I added my cooked ground beef to about a jar and a half of spaghetti sauce. I used Prego.

I then spread about a cup of the sauce in the 9 x 13 glass pan, then cooked lasagna noodles, then ricotta mixture, then 1 cup of sauce, and then a little bit of shredded

mozzarella. I repeated the layers one more time. The lasagna is topped of with a bunch of shredded mozzarella.

I used about 3 to 4 cups of mozzarella with the entire lasagna. I then baked it, uncovered, in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

I liked making the lasagna this way much better.

The noodles were not chewy. It also tasted great. I think I will be sticking to this recipe as a regular for the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491512538811031/k2311a1215/12.15.08