LG WD14331AD Washer/Dryer  » Housewares  »
  • First of all, I have little experience with top loading washing machines and even less with front loading ones
  • First I decided on LG because of two lists I found online have many LG models in top places for both water and energy efficiencies
  • It uses very little water to the extend that initially I thought something is wrong but the laundry was thoroughly cleaned

• by Back2Nature

First of all, I have little experience with top loading washing machines and even less with front loading ones. Only recently that I need to hunt for my first washing machine. First I decided on LG because of two lists I found online have many LG models in top places for both water and energy efficiencies.

After making altogether over 10 visits to Courts, Harvey Norman, Mega Discount Store, and did many

online readings. Basically, sale persons in such non-specialized stores are not professionals. One Courts staff tried to push me to buy European brands, claiming that all LG models are made in China. However, the Harvey Norman staff showed me the label in the LG machine stating that it is made in Korea, and taught me how to differentiate based on the nicer LG logo on made-in-Korea LG machines.

The different sets of ...

• wash cycles on different models confuse me, and so I ignore them. Thus, I narrow down my choice to the LG WD14331AD Washer/Dryer that is on promotion.

Now, after using it for more than two months, there is no complain from my wife. I had played with it for a while after buying and find it good. It is quiet as they said because of the direct drive motor technology. It uses

very little water to the extend that initially I thought something is wrong but the laundry was thoroughly cleaned. Lastly, since in Singapore, we seldom require the dryer function, they uses compressor technology instead of ventilator so that there isn’t humidity created in the room.

So far, I don’t find anything that I really dislike about it. However, some others still find it noisy, especially during draining, or not used to the control menu.

Moh says :

After finishing from any kind of washing tyoe i.e. quick 30 , cotton 40 ….etc it gives message on the washing machine screen UE ? why this message appear ? because it wasn`t appear with me before ? waiting for your reply and your efforts are highly appreciated Regards Moh.

Back2Nature replies :

I am not expert, just a user. Hope it was due to some of the reasons specified in the manual see below . The manual says Possible causes Load is too small. Load is out of balance. The appliance has an unbalance detection and correction system. If individual heavy articles are loaded ex. bath mat, both robe, etc. , this system may stop spinning or even interrupt the spin cycle altogether. If the laundry is still too wet at the end of the cycle, add smaller articles of laundry to balance the load and repeat the spin cycle. Solution Add 1 or 2 similar items to help balance the load. Rearrange load to allow proper spinning. If you have lost the manual, you can download one.

Bius22 says :

I buy an LG WASHING MACHINE LG WD 14331AD BUT MY HEASSLE I HAVENT GOT THE USER GUIDE ? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME AND SEND IT ON EMAIL , OR SOMBODY CAN HELP ME ABOUT IT. HANKS BEFORE bIUS

Back2Nature replies :

The manual can be downloaded from this sg.lge.com, look for the model, and under support, choose manual.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531512538731031/k2311a1215/12.15.08