Blood and Chocolate Movie  » Movies  »
  • Quite a few people might not remember this movie since it came out at the same time Hannibal Rising and The Covenant did, and I believe that maybe if they had advertised it better like they did The Covenant it would have had a bigger audience
  • One of the things that struck me the most about it too was the actor who starred as the character Rafe was what most people would call a fairly inexperienced actor, but I thought in a way he sort of stole the show and the movie just wouldn't have been the same without him

• by RedTape

Before watching the movie “Blood and Chocolate”, I had a completely different interpretation of what we call werewolves or “lycanthropes” were. I had always thought they were crude, scary and disgusting looking creatures since that was how I have always seen them portrayed in movies. Never once had I seen a movie or read a book in fact, which portrayed them to be beautiful and somewhat civilized creatures.

As was mentioned before, “Blood and Chocolate” changed my impression of werewolves, since in the movie the

lycanthropes were portrayed as all beautiful looking people living in Transylvania. In fact, I especially loved the scene where it showed members of the pack jumping over a fallen tree and transforming in mid air while on the hunt.

Quite a few people might not remember this movie since it came out at the same time “Hannibal Rising” and “The Covenant” did, and I believe that maybe if they had advertised it better like they did “The Covenant” it would have had a bigger audience.

I ...

• don’t usually like romance movies either, but this one certainly was an exception. I loved the plot which was about a young American writer who falls in love with a female lycanthrope who is promised to the pack leader.

I though the acting was great too. One of the things that struck me the most about it too was the actor who starred as the character Rafe was what most people would call a fairly inexperienced actor, but I thought in a way he sort

of stole the show and the movie just wouldn’t have been the same without him. Also, there was Gabriel played by French actor Oliver Martinez who I previously underestimated as an actor. I thought he also played Gabriel somewhat well, even though it wasn’t done well enough.

A part from that I loved the movie on a whole. It didn’t need much special effects, and I thought a few of the transformations were a bit too “pretty”. However, I did end up liking this movie a lot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111512538491031/k2311a1215/12.15.08