Xen Tan Dark Lotion Rich Self-Tan  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found it on eBay, and as I was due to go on holiday, I decided I MUST have a tan before I step on the plane
  • As I began to rub it in I noticed how smooth it was to apply
  • I gave it a 9 because although the product is amazing, I would like the tan to last a little longer

• by helenu

Being half Irish, I have very light, freckly skin. I find tanning my skin extremely difficult as I have a tendency to burn and go red, not tan! I am an avid user of SPF and will not go out in the sun without it.

Being as pale as myself, I have tried and tested MANY fake tanning products and for some reason, they always disappoint me. Until this one.

I found it on eBay, and as I was due to go on holiday, I decided I MUST have a tan before I step on the plane! I will not be able to grace the beaches as pale as I am! The product was called Xen-Tan which I had never heard of before.

Having wasted so much money previously on tanning products that don’t work, I decided why not and purchased a bottle of Dark tan.

As soon as it arrived I was dying to try it! I was used to using St. Tropez previously so I was well aware of how to apply the product. I used the clever pump dispenser for two pumps, and ‘pawed’ it over my leg. As I began to rub it in I noticed how smooth it was to apply. Unlike St. Tropez, you cannot over rub and clump this product. You continue to rub it in as if you were applying moisturisers and you can see it start to sink in to your skin, like a stain. This is when you know the product is applied correctly. I continued to apply it in this manner all over my body.

The absolute BEST thing about this product is by the time you’ve finished your body, you’re done. It’s dry. You can get dressed and leave the house immeadiatley if you want to! You don’t have to hide in the house like with St. Tropez looking like the monster from the black lagoon who’s just been wrestling in a mud pit! You apply, then leave As simple as if you’d just moisturised.

I couldn’t believe it Is this to good to be true?! The product only needs to be left on for 3 hours until you can shower it off.

• Xen Tan Dark Lotion Rich Self-Tan
      I applied the product, went out clubbing, came home and my tan had developed!!! Amazing! It was lovely and dark and not AT ALL orange! It looked as if I was a sun worshipper. You cannot believe how ecstatic I was to finally be brown!

As with all fake tans I started to exfoliate a few days prior to application to prepare as much as a smooth surface as possible. You must remember to exfoliate a few days after application as well to evenly break down the tan and prevent patching.

In all the tan lasted about 5 days as a strong colour when which I re-applied. You can also apply the tan directly over the top of another for a deeper,

stronger colour. My whole family and my friends were commenting on how brown I looked. I was so pleased. Also, the product is so thin and light it doesn’t feel heavy on your skin and it also spreads far so you don’t use a lot of product on each full body application.

After the many trials, tribulations and absolute embarrassment of orange, patchy streaky tans I will NEVER use another product. The is a whole range of Xen products all of which I am saving up to buy!

Honestly girls Try it, you will never use another tanning product. It’s just brilliant!!

I gave it a 9 because although the product is amazing, I would like the tan to last a little longer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311512538481031/k2311a1215/12.15.08