Samet S236SS Electric Stove  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • Although it has lots of features on it, cooking settings, there is one major design floor that lets the whole stove down, and which I think is very dangerous

• by helenu

This stove was installed in the new flat that I am renting. That is the only reason I am using it, as I am stuck with it!

Although it has lots of features on it, cooking settings, there is one major design floor that lets the whole stove down, and which I think is very dangerous.

When it is cooking, the WHOLE of the front

door heats up with the inside of the oven. The oven handle and the whole front panel. I have lost count of the number of times I have burnt myself on this thing. You have to open it with an oven glove! When using the grill it heats up all the dials for the hobs on the top panel of the stove which,

• again is really dangerous.

If you HAVE a choice and are looking at this stove to buy (I’m assuming because it was cheap it was installed in all these flats) do not buy it! It is a hazard to have in the kitchen, especially if you have small children, I can guarantee they will burn themselves.

The one good thing I have to say

about it is that it DOES cook the food, and it cooks it well. There are lots of different cooking functions for the oven, some of which are good ideas and ideal for certain types of cooking, like baking for example. The fact that the stove WORKS, is it’s only good point, and that’s why I awarded it with a 2!

Steer well clear.

Susan says :

It seems to me that the bottom element is not functioning as it does not get hot. Could it be only a fuse that is blown, or is it the element? How do I replace the element? Where do I see the fuses?

Galega says :

Fuse should be the first thing to start on the journey of the troubleshooting. Just check the fuse on the backside and manually check if it is malfunctioning. If yes, just change it and your stove should start working. Otherwise, the problem might be bottom element for which you will have to visit the service center. You will need professional help to get that done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531512538240931/k2311a1215/12.15.08