Alien Vs. Predator: The First Movie
  • I am a big anicent history lover and I thought it was funny and interesting how they stated in the story that the Pyramids of the ancient worlds on both sides of the world were the result of the Predators, aliens from beyond our world
  • From the first time I saw her in the second Alien movie, I thought she was awesome
  • In all, this movie was great for a lot of reasons, but for me, the parts that stuck out the most was that it had an amazing storyline and it didn't rely on special effects to much
  • I think that's why the Alien and Predator movies had stood the test of time

• by sarahdragon26

Being a huge Alien and Predator fan, I had always wanted to see if a crossover movie could actually work between these two powerhouses. I remember a few years ago, before the plans for the current first AVP movie, hearing about how there were plans to make such a movie, but no one could come up with a good enough storyline. After seeing all of the Aliens and all the Predators, I was even iffy about the crossover. They took the Alien series much further then I thought, but I still liked the 4th installment of the Alien series. I remember watching Predator 2 with Danny Glover and seeing an alien skull at the end of the movie, in the Predator ship.

I even had to rewind the tape, yes I said tape. I needed to know if that’s what I saw. It was an alien head. There have been plenty of comics

with the crossover and that can be pulled off, but making a movie good enough to do justice to both powerhouses would take a great storyline.

I got my wish. I am a big anicent history lover and I thought it was funny and interesting how they stated in the story that the Pyramids of the ancient worlds on both sides of the world were the result of the Predators, aliens from beyond our world. To make this story work without making the plot too farfetched like the second AVP, the bunk needed to take place in an area where myserty still lived. Antartica was prefect.

I was really excited to see Lane Henderson return as the man behind Bishop. Any Alien fan would be overjoyed to see him and you get a lot of background information about the man beyond it all. Now, to the best part. The Alien and Predaor creatures ...

• themselves.

After seeing the Alien creature in the first movie, I was scared to death of it, but seeing it for the first time in our current timeline, killing a Predator was a memoriable sight. You’ve never seen that sight on any of the powerhouse movies, so it was unqiue. I wasn’t sure I would have liked the fact that only three Predators entered the pyramid, but after a while, I liked the idea that the Predators and humans needed each other to survive this. The Alien creature had a lot more mobility then the others movies, which gave it a more real feeling to it.

To the Queen of all Bad Boys, the Alien Queen. From the first time I saw her in the second Alien movie, I thought she was awesome. There has not been a bad boy quite like her. When you have the heroine and the surviving Predator fight

her at the end, it seems a little farfetched, but I really got into it.

I was even cheering and yelling at the TV when it looked like the heroine might get eaten by the Queen. In all, this movie was great for a lot of reasons, but for me, the parts that stuck out the most was that it had an amazing storyline and it didn’t rely on special effects to much. Yeah, there were some amazing special effects done, but a lot of it was stunts done by the actors or experts. Too much special effects in movies like this one could kill it.

I think that’s why the Alien and Predator movies had stood the test of time. They have storylines and are as real as they can be. See this movie. If you’re an Alien or Predator movie, it can answer some questions or even raise more.

In all, you’ll love it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111412537800831/k2311a1214/12.14.08