Samsung Washing Machine WA8OU3  » Housewares  »
  • It is a top open washing machine which I prefer, you can look in through the clear plastic lid and notice, Oh, I've forgotten the socks
  • At first, I found the actual wash, slightly disappointing as it didn't sound, or look, like it was washing much
  • I would recommend this washer to young couples

• by helenu

This washing machine was originally purchased as it was so cheap! It was on sale in the store my partner and I got it from, and was the first reason we looked at it. It was advised as an Air Turbo Automatic Washing Machine, to which we thought, “Could this be any better? A washer and dryer for this price?!!”

Well, no it couldn’t! The Washing Machine IS NOT a washer / dryer. It is only a washing machine.

When we finally got it plumbed it, it was time to give it a whirl. It has a few option on it, but you cannot adjust the temperature of the water, but you can select, hot or cold water

(whatever you have it plumbed to). After that, you select the amount of your wash; high, mid, low, extra low. Then you can select a full; wash, rinse and spin, or a combination of two of these, or just one! You then select the cleverly worded course, fuzzy, blanket, delicate, quick or soak. You can even select clean tub. Then there is the confusin, ‘Air Turbo’ button. This simple means the machine spins faster to dry the clothes more so than the normal spin, so consequently, your clothes come out dryer. You can even lock the buttons (to stop little hands, or his hands) pressing things and ruining the cycle.

It is a top open washing ...

• machine which I prefer, you can look in through the clear plastic lid and notice, “Oh, I’ve forgotten the socks!” A GREAT feature is you can lift the lid at ANY time during the cycle and chuck in all the items you forgot to put in at the beginning of the wash! Brilliant.

At first, I found the actual wash, slightly disappointing as it didn’t sound, or look, like it was washing much. The drum didn’t seem to spin that fast. I had used the Air Turbo option and I was amazed at how dry the clothes felt at the end! They smelt fresh and the stains were gone!

I would recommend this washer to young couples. Even

though the washer is good, I could not see it being very effective for large families and young children where mud and grass stains are a constant. Maybe it is because I only have a cold water in pipe that this is the case, but on what I know, I would recommend it to young couples.

The washer doesn’t take up much room and is currently in the corner of the bathroom. It’s not an eye sore at all, it actually looks very funky and modern. Oh, and the best feature? When the wash is finished! I’ll leave that as a surprise!

Overall, I am really happy with our purchase. It does the job and it does it well. No complaints.

yolanda wessels says :

my samsung WA8OU3 doesnt switch off the water supply therefore i cannot wash.

John says :

Yolanda, unplug the washer and plug it back in simply to reset. However, it seems like there’s a problem with the water level switch. It determines when the water is at a right level to shut off. It seems to have malfunctioned. If you’re under warranty you should contact Samsung. However, if you’re not you should contact an appliance technician to have it repaired.

cynthia says :

Hi Yolande I have the same problem I just switch on my power button and the water fills up the machine automatically and it won’t stop at any attemp. It doesn’t want to spin either coz the water won’t stop running on any function I have tried.thing is its been disconnected and plugged in again but still does the same. Thought u may have some ideas as to what to do. Thnx

Yolande says :

What brands of washing powder is safe to use with this machine? Residing in South Africa

Galega says :

It depends on the nature of clothes you are going to wash and the availability of different brands of washing powder in your area. If you ask me, I would recommend you to go for Ariel Washing Powder for Samsung Washing Machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531412537590831/k2311a1214/12.14.08