Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Ames, Iowa  » Hotels  »
2.0
2600 E 13th St Ames, IA 50010
  • The experience was not good, and I will attempt to find somewhere else to stay when in Ames, Iowa

• by David Boston

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Ames, Iowa between Oct. 30th Nov 1st. While the hotel itself seemed very nice, and clean it was a little ways away from everything else in the city.

My biggest gripe about the Hotel was my room was not ready when we arrived at the

Hotel. It was 4 P.

M. when we arrived.

While it didn’t take them any more then 5 to 10 minutes to leave the room after we got there. It was still a bit frustrating after having flown there on two separate flights, and then driving 45 minutes to get there.

October 31st was fine and everything went smoothly.

• November 1st was a bit of a hassle as well.

After running late getting back to the hotel from an engagement my card key wouldn’t work. Went back to the front of the hotel and they said they fixed my key.

Yet when I got to my room it still didn’t work, I was on the third floor

so this was pain. Thankfully room service was up there, and opened the room for me so that I could take a quick shower and get out of there so I wouldn’t be charged for not being checked out on time.

The experience was not good, and I will attempt to find somewhere else to stay when in Ames, Iowa.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21312537330831/k2311a1213/12.13.08