Nara Japan  » Travel  »
Nara-ken, Japan
  • There is a bus route to reach the tourist spots but I prefer walking as I want to enjoy the scenery along the way
  • It is really big and I think it is bigger than the image of Buddha I had seen in Kamakura
  • There are souvenir stall in Todaiji temple and I bought several post card and key holder for my friend
  • Beside the big statue of Buddha, the interesting part which I saw is there is a hole in one of pillar
  • But if you want to eat, there are not many places to eat near those tourist areas, I suggest you find a food near to the kintetsu station

• by kin_kin

Nara is an old city in Japan. I ever read that Nara is the first permanent capital of Japan for about eighty year in 710. I had a chance to visit this place when I went to Osaka. The location is not really far from Osaka or Kyoto. I took a Kintetsu line to get there.

There are many historical places can be visited in Nara. Some of them are being categorized as the World heritage sites. It is not really takes much time to explore many places in there as the location of among the place is not far each others. I got a map from the tourist information which located not far the station.

It was really helpfully.

There is a bus route to reach the tourist spots but I prefer walking as I want to enjoy the scenery along the way. The first place which I visited is Nara Koen. There are many deer in this koen called as Shika in Japanese.

They are pretty but they will always try to hassle people for food. There are special biscuit sell in there for the deer food. Visitor can buy it and give it to the deer. I also bought the biscuit and I gave it to the deer.

It was interesting. After playing with the deer, I went to Nara National Museum. There are many Buddhist art in there. They are really impressive.

I also visited The ...

• National Treasure Hall. Then I visited the famous Temple in there, Todaiji Temple. This place is the most places must be visited in Nara. In this temple, I saw the great image of the Buddha (daibutsu).

It is really big and I think it is bigger than the image of Buddha I had seen in Kamakura. There is a Nandai-mon gate in this temple. It carved figures are beautifully. There are souvenir stall in Todaiji temple and I bought several post card and key holder for my friend.

Beside the big statue of Buddha, the interesting part which I saw is there is a hole in one of pillar. There is a belief that if some one could across the

hole so he/she will achieve enlightenment. I saw several people who tried it. Some of them success and some others could not passed the hole successfully.

Beside those places, I also visited Shoso-in Treasure Repository, Nigatso-do Hall, and Hokke-do. It was a great trip for me. I could see many historical things in there. Because its old history, I think Nara is important place to visit for you who will visit Kansai area.

But if you want to eat, there are not many places to eat near those tourist areas, I suggest you find a food near to the kintetsu station. There are many good places that offer a range different style of food and I think generally of them offer the reasonable price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381312536920831/k2311a1213/12.13.08