The Perfect Chili  » Recipes  »
United States
  • You can use whole tomatoes, but I prefer to use the chopped up ones
  • About 45 minutes before the chili is done, I like to add a half of a package of elbow noodles to the pot

• by angie

With fall right around the corner, Chili is a perfect meal. Pair it up with a salad or even by itself and it is likely to satisfy anyone in your family. For the perfect Chili recipe, follow these easy steps.

First brown a pound of hamburger and drain off the fat. I also like to rinse my hamburger to get off any extra fat. If you do not care for hamburger, you certainly could use ground turkey, ground sirloin,

or deer meat. Or try making it with stew meat or steak cubed. If you like onion in your chili, dice an onion and cook until tender with your meat.

Next you will be adding a can of tomatoes. You can use whole tomatoes, but I prefer to use the chopped up ones. Let them simmer for a few minutes until they start to cook down. Next you will want to transfer the meat and tomato mixture into ...

• a crock pot. Add two cans of chili beans, and a can of kidney beans that have been drained and rinsed well. Add one small can of tomato sauce and a large can of tomato juice.

Season your chili with a dash of salt, some pepper, and chili powder as you wish. If I am out of chili powder, I simply add a teaspoon or so of red pepper flakes and it really spices up my chili. I

also add a small amount of garlic and a tad bit of sugar to take away the tartness of the tomato juice.

Let this mixture cook for five or six hours on low. About 45 minutes before the chili is done, I like to add a half of a package of elbow noodles to the pot. This soaks up a great deal of the juice and lends to a more filling meal. Coming up, one hot bowl of chili. Yum, yum.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491212536751131/k2311a1212/12.12.08