The Object of My Affection
  • I found a certain similarity between the movies The Object of My Affection and the movie released in 2000 The Next Best Thing
  • Both of these movies tackle the issue of gay people involved in bringing up children and, unfortunately both of them, are not impressive movies
  • First of all, I believe that both main actors, Jennifer Aniston and Paul Ruud have incredible acting talents, however in this movie they fail to bring out the best of themselves
  • Interesting to know is that Winona Ryder turned down the part and Stephen Baldwin left the set of the movie after just one day of work

• by Janet

I found a certain similarity between the movies “The Object of My Affection” and the movie released in 2000 “The Next Best Thing”. Both of these movies tackle the issue of gay people involved in bringing up children and, unfortunately both of them, are not impressive movies.

What was lacking in “The Object of My Affection”? First of all, I believe that both main actors,

Jennifer Aniston and Paul Ruud have incredible acting talents, however in this movie they fail to bring out the best of themselves. Another lacking point for this movie is a good script that will make the viewer more involved in the story. I feel that the script didn’t get deep enough in tackling subject presented in the movie.

“The Object of My Affection”, which is ...

• based on Stephan McCauley, is about Nina Borowski (Aniston) who is expecting a baby from her boyfriend; however she manages to fall in love with her live in gay room mate, George Handson (Rudd). The situation complicates when Nina expresses her wishes to bring up her child with her gay friend.

left the set of the movie after just one day of work! He was replaced by the actor, John Pankow. A very young Hayden Panettiere had a very small part of a mermaid in this movie.

“The Object of My Affection” tries to tackle gay and straight issues in a romantic movie that fails to impress. Watch it only if you are Aniston or Rudd’s fans.

The Object of My Affection

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111212536731131/k2311a1212/12.12.08