Marvel vs. Capcom Helper Characters: Devilot  » Games  »
  • Capcom was one of the first games I learned to play in the arcades, from a young age and when the PlayStation had come on the scene quite a few years back, I had accidentally run across the PlayStation version of Marvel vs

• by RJR

Marvel vs. Capcom was one of the first games I learned to play in the arcades, from a young age and when the PlayStation had come on the scene quite a few years back, I had accidentally run across the PlayStation version of Marvel vs. Capcom. I had to have it! Since then I have unlocked many secrets to the game and learned the pros and cons of using certain characters and certain helper characters.

One helper character

I personally don’t like a lot is Devilot. Her attack isn’t all too bad, if you can use it to your advantage. Devilot looks like a little girl who comes out walking controlling an orange (default colour) metal looking tank. The tank usually plants itself firmly in the ground where your opponent WAS and stays there for a few seconds before she gives the signal for it to explode.

What gets me annoyed if I am dealt this character ...

• is the fact that as a helper, the attack rarely connects to your opponent, that is unless you can lure them back to the spot where Devilot has firmly planted her bomb tank.

On the rare opportunity that your opponent does get hit by her attack, it is powerful enough to throw them from one end of the screen all the way to the other end.

Devilot truly isn’t a bad character per say but you really need

some good skills to get your opponent to stay in one spot while fighting you, maybe like backing them into a corner, then summoning her so they can’t escape her blast.

Since I personally still haven’t had much luck using her to her full potential I still get a bit irked when I get her as my helper character in the arcade. But she does a fair amount of damage for just one attack, so she isn’t too bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281212536401031/k2311a1212/12.12.08