Bosch Cordless Drill/ Driver (PSR. 14.4)  » Housewares  »
  • I should mention that before I used the drill I thought it best to charge it over night

• by LSK

Being a property owner has meant a number of things: bills, bills and more bills! Oh, and a few D.I.Y problems which require solving sooner than later in order to prevent them from escalating into something major (as my mother always used to say, “a stitch in time saves nine”).

With that said I invested considerable expenses in a toolbox and accessories, and my parents surprised me by buying me a Bosch Cordless Drill/ Driver, model PSR 14.4. Whilst it really does look very nice I was a little sceptical at first because I did not expect a battery operated drill to provide the level of power which you would normally find in an electrical mains operated drill.

But

I was definitely proved wrong. This is a fantastic drill, capable of drilling into walls, wood and even cement, provided that you have the correct drill bit with relative ease. It is very well built really solid and actually feels pretty heavy in your hand. I find this very reassuring as the build quality and weight really make you realise that this is a very capable piece of kit.

The fact that this is a powerful cordless drill has proved to be extremely useful for me because I have high-level ceilings. Much of my drilling work has been done at ceiling level or thereabouts installing blinds, fitting high level shelving and wall-lights are just ...

• a few of the chores which I have found myself doing! Had this been a standard mains-powered drill then I would have had to use extension cables which not only restricts mobility but is also a health and safety hazard in itself.

I should mention that before I used the drill I thought it best to charge it over night. To be honest I have no idea how long a standard charge should take; but what I can tell you is that I have gotten many hours of use out of this drill and have only charged it on three occasions so far all of which were overnight charges so I am very happy with the functionality of the battery

and longevity of use following a charge.

In terms of functionality, the drill functions like any other: you insert the drill bit and make sure that it is secure, and it is good to go! You can adjust the power settings from 1 to 10, with 10 being the most powerful. To give you an idea, I have never used a power setting of more than 9 and have always managed to get the job done.

I have awarded this drill a score of 10 out 10. It is an excellent drill, built by a company known for excellence in D.I.Y products. It is robust, user-friendly and built to last, and easy enough to be used by all-levels of expertise. Most definitely recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531212536091031/k2311a1212/12.12.08