Fitness First Harrow on Hill London  » Health  »
Harrow on Hill London UK
  • This is a good place if you already know that the hotel is going to be very boring and all you will be doing is staying in your room
  • Overall I would recommend this particular gym all it is missing is a pool other wise it would be first rate

• by SteveRaders

As I do lots of travelling with work and I’m a member of fitness first I tend to try lots of different fitness first centres out and one such centre is the one down in Harrow. The gym is located in the ST Georges Centre in the centre of Harrow. The gym has its own private car park which is very good as car parking in this area can be expensive.

The centre is quite large and has lots of facilities and machines to use. I tend to use this gym when I’m working in the North London area and the hotel I’m staying in hasn’t got any leisure facilities. The facilities here compare quite well to

other centres I have used and to some of the hotels although it hasn’t got a swimming pool which is a shame as I do like to start my relaxing with a swim.

At this gym they do have a separate gym for the ladies to use if they wish, this doesn’t preclude them from using any of the other facilities. They have this as some ladies may feel more comfortable using it than the main gym.

The main gym is split into a number of rooms including an x press work out room for those who only have a limited time to work out, a spinning room for an aerobic work out on the spinning machines, a cardio theatre for ...

• all the cardio vascular work out machines then the main gym room which has a lot of the weights based machines in there. I tend to drift between the cardio theatre and the main gym for my work out.

Once i have finished the work out then I go to the steam room sand the sauna rooms to sit back and relax and unwind before going back to the hotel. These rooms tend not to be to busy when I go there as I get there quite early in the evening but when I have been that little bit later they have become fairly busy. As well as these rooms there is a sun bed room which I

haven’t used.

One area I have used a couple of time after my work out and relax is the juice bar where you can complementary soft drinks and tea and coffee while reading the newspapers or chatting. This is a good place if you already know that the hotel is going to be very boring and all you will be doing is staying in your room.

Other services here a video club where you can rent movies and children’s titles, there is a lounge and there is the chance to get a one on one service from the trainers there as well.

Overall I would recommend this particular gym all it is missing is a pool other wise it would be first rate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341112535691031/k2311a1211/12.11.08