Dreamland Double Electric Blanket  » Housewares  »
  • As I have a double bed I decided to purchase a Dreamland Double Electric Blanket, which cost me £65 from a well-known department store
  • But what really impressed me about this blanket is the level of sophistication and features incorporated
  • You can actually leave it on all night, but seeing as I have just warmed to fact that they are actually quite safe I think that leaving mine on all night would be one step too far at this time
  • It is definitely money well spent and has made a huge difference to my sleeping patterns I do not wake up during the night any more and fall asleep much quicker than I used to
  • I would recommend it to anyone who finds it difficult to drop off at night and anyone who suffers from cold-toes in bed

• by LSK

I have never been a fan of electric blankets. For some reason I have never trusted them and always had visions of being electrocuted or burned in my sleep from dodgy wiring in the blanket. But it was my mother who convinced me to buy one soon after the temperature plummeted towards the end of November it was either that or me opting to reset my heating to stay on for longer and therefore suffer the wrath of (even) higher fuel bills.

As I have a double bed I decided to purchase a Dreamland Double Electric Blanket, which cost me £65 from a well-known department store. The way in which it works is

pretty simple: you attach it over the mattress underneath the bed sheets, turn it on and adjust the settings accordingly. I was surprised at how quickly it heated up (it barely took 7 or 8 minutes) and what I liked most is that it distributes the heat evenly across the bed, unlike my hot water bottle which I have to move about under the sheets every few minutes.

But what really impressed me about this blanket is the level of sophistication and features incorporated. Maybe I was a little bit naïve as I had initially assumed that an electric blanket is literally a blanket with wires inside which you turn on and they heat up; ...

• however, this blanket goes much further!

The Dreamland Electric Blanket has a heap of features which enable me to set the correct temperature for the correct length of time. You can actually leave it on all night, but seeing as I have just warmed to fact that they are actually quite safe I think that leaving mine on all night would be one step too far at this time!

In terms of usability you will find that the blanket is easy to set. What I also like is that it is easily washable, which is great for me as I am a bit fussy about clean sheets.

I have not told my mum yet

about how impressed I have been with the blanket. It is definitely money well spent and has made a huge difference to my sleeping patterns I do not wake up during the night any more and fall asleep much quicker than I used to. I have given this blanket a rating of 9 out of 10: it is safe, easy to use, and easily maintainable and overall it is great value for money. I would recommend it to anyone who finds it difficult to drop off at night and anyone who suffers from cold-toes in bed! With this in mind it would be difficult for me to go back to my hot water bottle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531112534820831/k2311a1211/12.11.08