Russell Hobbs Temptations 13523 Chocolate Fountain  » Housewares  »
  • But for our first `Fountain Experience` I used a large bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk
  • You need a large bar, the fountain wont pump with small amounts of chocolate inside and first of all you need to melt the chocolate, many use the microwave to melt it, but I like to melt mine in a bowl over some very hot water on the top of my cooker
  • Ive have read on the Internet that as company called Giles and Posner sell fountain and fondue chocolate so I think I will send for some and give it a go

• by Sarahjh2

The Amazon vouchers that I had in my purse were burning a hole in my daughters pocket, she couldn’t wait to spend them for me.

Her request?…A Chocolate Fountain.

I always thought the chocolate fountains were for wedding receptions and parties and not really a kitchen gadget, but my daughter soon showed me the website called Prezzybox.co to prove me wrong.

To be honest I just thought it was a waste of £20, but as usual she won and we ended up with the fountain.

The silver finish fountain is easy to use, two buttons sit at the front of the machine, a heat button and a fountain button.

Then you have three plastic `tiers` which stack on top of one another

to provide the fountain effect.

You can buy special melting chocolate and maybe this is because it would flow over the fountain better than ordinary chocolate. But for our first `Fountain Experience` I used a large bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk.

You need a large bar, the fountain wont pump with small amounts of chocolate inside and first of all you need to melt the chocolate, many use the microwave to melt it, but I like to melt mine in a bowl over some very hot water on the top of my cooker.

When the chocolate is melted, lift the fountain lid and pour it into the base. Then put your fountain heat on.

Our first time was just an ...

• experiment and my daughter was getting so excited! we had a few strawberries and marshmallows for the test run!

We pressed the fountain button and the machine struggled.

The Cadburys chocolate was too thick, it just wouldn’t flow over the fountain, so after looking for a solution on the Internet I added some sunflower oil to thin the chocolate and it then flowed beautifully.

We had wooden dipping skewers to hold our fruit and marshmallows in the fountain flow.

Hence five minutes later there were no marshmallows or strawberries to be seen!

The chocolate was still running warm after half an hour and we cut some cake into little squares and dipped that for fun. I suppose the chocolate flow stayed

warm and soft for about an hour.

It cleaned well, the plastic fountain tiers all come apart so that they can be cleaned. The base cleans well too and there are no shortage of volunteers waiting for it to cool right off to poke the remaining chocolate out.

I admitted to my daughter that the fountain was fun, but we needed to investigate what else we could dip into the chocolate flow, we both though that plain popcorn would be good!

The only drawback comes when you use extra oil to thin the chocolate, a bit heavy on the cholesterol really. Ive have read on the Internet that as company called Giles and Posner sell fountain and fondue chocolate so I think I will send for some and give it a go.

But most definitely a fun time machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531112534780831/k2311a1211/12.11.08